Frequently Asked Questions for Outback Adventures Affiliate Program
How does Outback Adventures affiliate program work?
Our affiliate program allows you to make money by referring new customers to our website. You can do this by placing links and banners on your website and social media accounts, or booking directly through the booking forms (each form have specific fields to put your ID, name or website link). Each time you refer a new customer to Outback Adventures and that customer books a tour, you earn a commission. Our platform provides tracking, reporting, and real-time commission statements, along with on-time and accurate payments to its affiliate members.
What type of websites are suitable for this the Outback Adventures Affiliate Program?
We work with anyone who can send us travelers and bookings, but our focus is on:
- Travel Agencies, Travel Agents, Travel Specialists
- Destination specialists for Punta Cana, Puerto Plata and other places in Dominican Republic
- Event & Group Organizers (Travel specialists for corporate, business & social events, custom travel packages, specialists for personalized travel experience, wedding organizers, etc)
- Visitor Information Centers (VIC)
- Online Travel Agencies (OTA)
- Website Owners – Travel, Tours & Excursions, Outdoor activities, Eco Tourism sites, Family friendly blogs, Mom blogs
- Facebook, Twitter, Instagram Influencers with focus on Travel & Leisure
- Private Hostels, Villas
- Apartment rental managers and owners (Airbnb, booking.com, etc)
- Gift Shop owners, Restaurant owners…
- … and any other reputable business where clients (usually travelers & tourists) could be interested in local activities, tours and adventures.
Can I promote Outback Adventures on more than one website?
Yes, absolutely. You can promote listed activities across one or all of your websites as long they are in tourism/travel/family friendly niche and meet our requirements. The more links and content you place on your websites, the more qualified visitors you’re likely to send us thus this should translate into a higher earnings.
I am based outside of the US or Canada – can I still join?
Yes. Most of our travelers are coming from the United States and Canada, however if you have site related to categories listed above we will welcome you to join our Affiliate Program.
However, regardless of country, we reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to reject sites that, in our opinion, infringe on or violate any applicable law, rule or regulation; any proprietary right of any third party; are defamatory, obscene, offensive or controversial, or that are otherwise inappropriate for the promotion of our site and tour suppliers listed with us.
You’re guaranteed 15% commission on every qualified sale for whom you’ve referred. You will earn a commission only for the clients that actually pay in full and finish the tour. The Affiliate System will automatically track your referral code and clicks on banners / links.
I’ve signed up, now what?
Once your application is approved, you will receive an e-mail welcoming you into our affiliate program. It will include all the necessary information to get you started.
How long does your tracking cookie last?
We maintain a 180-day cookie, meaning that if a visitor clicks on a link/banner from your site, you are credited with the sale as long as the visitor book the tour within 180 days.
How I can be insure that all “clicks” on your banner or link will be recorded properly?
Once your visitor clicks through your link/banner and visits our page, the tracking cookie is set in their browser and is active for the next 6 months. There are no overriding or “stealing” cookies. Even if they click on some other travel agents banner or link promoting Outback Adventures, the first cookie (your cookie) stays active and you will get your commission after the confirmed sale.
How do I create my affiliate links to Outback Adventures?
In your affiliate dashboard you will find affiliate link generator which automatically make those links for you.
Any page or post with added tracking code (/recommended-by/Your-Username) will be recorded and the cookie will be activated.
For example, if you want to promote just one specific tour, you can send visitors directly to that tour page, and your link would be https://www.outbackadventuresdr.com/some-category/specific-tour-page/recommended-by/Your-Username
However, we recommend linking to the home page because all locations and popular tours are listed there
What information will I have access to?
The Affiliate Dashboard has all of the information and tracking resources you’ll need. Once logged in, you will find statistics on sales, referred visits, conversion rates, orders, commissions earned, and more. All visits from your site are tracked in real time, and all sales from our site are recorded instantly as soon as their payment is confirmed. You can use these statistics to find out which of your links are performing the best and to optimize your site/landing page for maximum sales.
Can I give them a booking date and charge directly on my website?
No. if you book and charge directly we may not have availability for your clients. It’s best to simply send your website visitors or clients to our website and we will do the rest.
Of course, you will get commission not only for that one customer who made booking, but for all guests who come with them.
What is the best way to promote your tours and activities on my website?
– Standard way is to write description of specific tour or Dominican tours in general and set link on 2, 3 places / anchor keywords through the article.
– Banners are getting less clicks (banner blindness) but if you have good position for them (in the sidebar, or above the header Menu) you can get nice interest, clicks and sales. Also you can link few images with your affiliate link and set them in your article.
– Dedicated Landing Pages are highly recommended, so you have enough space for good descriptions, text links with relevant anchors, banner on the side of the description, few images, nice call to action… It’s clear that more invested time in presentation of the offer should lead to better conversion. It’s up to you to make it profitable.
– in social media (Twitter/Facebook/ Google Plus/Pinterest/Instagram/etc), nice message or call to action, with images or videos and link with your affiliate username
– travel / family friendly / tourism/ blogs and forums where is highly appropriate to mention or recommend the specific tour or Outback Adventures website (without spam, please!)
– if you have travel agency and official double opt-in newsletter related to tours/travel, you can send information about Outback Adventures.
Every action, message, post and click have potential to make commission, so get the word out to as many people as possible!
How to write a description for the Outback Adventures?
To avoid duplicated content in search engines (and possible ranking issue for Outback Adventures website) please don’t just copy/paste tour details and descriptions from our website. We highly suggest writing your own descriptions, to make the content unique. In the long term, it is going to help you.
Better conversions are coming with good headlines, quality call to action, nice page style and layout, and original descriptive text.
Use photos. “A picture is worth a thousand words”. You can download (right click, “save as…”) and use photos from any of the tour pages to spice up the description (of course, don’t use fishing photos to describe safari tour). You can link those photos with your affiliate link, promoting specific tour or Outback Adventures home page. Please don’t fetch photos directly from our site, but download it and upload to your site.
Please note: We can organize free tour for you! We understand that for good, original description agents and affiliates need to experience the tour, take photos and see for themselves what they promote. If you are coming to Dominican Republic and you are our affiliate, contact us and we will provide your free tour. It would be really helpful if you already have some sales we know that you are serious in your work and you can influence more sales to his tour.
What are the payment terms?
5 days from any payment money will be available for you. We want to make our affiliates happy, so we will not wait one month or even 90 days as others are doing. To repeat: commission will be paid on completed (not canceled) bookings.
In case of bad weather we can reschedule the tour, but for other unseen circumstances where we need to cancel the tour, Outback Adventures is returning full payment and commission will not be calculated.
I need to contact you regarding the affiliate program.
The best way to contact us is to send email to email@example.com
Support over email 9 AM to 5 PM, Monday – Saturday
We will do everything we can to help you with linking and other affiliate related tasks and issues.